Wife's Waggy "Walter"...

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Re: Wife's Waggy "Walter"...

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

REDONE wrote:
tedlovesjeeps71 wrote: Even got the exhaust tip i rescued from a discarded Cuda exhaust in Germany. Not sure it will stay as I think it looks odd but the wife likes it. *shrugs*
Oh, that's just code for "don't bring that junk back in the house". ;)
Haha... probably. Though I've built quite a stockpile (probably worthless) of get out of trouble cards since she literally insisted I store HER wagoneer parts in the spare bedroom so they don't get stolen out of the suburban. The nice part is I have to find a way to creatively hide it all if we don't install it this weekend. It's in the room her dad will crash in. He's a retired jar head so he probably won't even notice it. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candymancan

Re: Wife's Waggy

Post by candymancan »

Could always have the resonators i ripped off our camaro if your exhaust is too loud.. LOL

Your wife would love our camaro :P . After the engine was built with the new cam and resonators and borla attack exhaust on it.. Its so loud it rattles the windows of the house. I love driving on the roads with people walking on the side walk and tapping the gas quickly to let it roar and have people jump lol
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

candymancan wrote:Could always have the resonators i ripped off our camaro if your exhaust is too loud.. LOL

Your wife would love our camaro :P . After the engine was built with the new cam and resonators and borla attack exhaust on it.. Its so loud it rattles the windows of the house. I love driving on the roads with people walking on the side walk and tapping the gas quickly to let it roar and have people jump lol
I did too back when I was younger. I guess as I age I've kinda grown out of it mostly. I like a good burble or rumble but it gets annoying after driving it too long. I'm glad the magnaflow wasn't too much. Guess all the carpet and insulation in the grand helps.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Hahaha... the waggy fights back!
So today is the wife's second day of commuting to work in Walter. Yesterday she had a locksmith come make a door key while she was at work so she can lock the doors. The key works but it doesn't unlock smoothly. The locksmith said there is a bent rod inside the door which is causing it... guess I'll look into that.
So today she had an appointment with Safelite to replace the windshield. I had called and tried to make sure whoever they sent knew exactly what they were doing as I know the SS trim can be a real bear. Wife tells me a younger kid shows up and I cringe. She did say he sounded knowledgeable and was aware of the trim.
She just calls and tells me she has some bad news. Seems the guy was putting in the new windshield and cracked it. Image They have another one up in Denver but it won't get here until tomorrow. She can still drive it but it just goes to show nothing is easy. Hopefully they can get the second one in without issue.
What's funny is the cracked original one was also a safelite windshield.

So next on my list is trying to figure the logistics of what to do next. I got two more boxes of parts today. Just not sure if I want to try and put it all together this weekend or wait until all of it is here. Basically need to take it down to the timing chain and replace stuff as I move forward. T-chain, front main seal, water pump, t-stat, and radiator hoses. Also need to drop the gas tank and run new plumbing, clean the tank, and prep/paint the skid before installing it all again. It may be wiser to wait. Gather all the parts and make sure the painted stuff like the skid is good and dry. Have to brainstorm this...
still waiting on the parts box from skyjacker so the fun part, the lift, isn't all here.

I do have one question about the gas tank. I ordered a new check valve thingy from TGW. Image
Is there only the one? I thought there were two of these (and thought I ordered 2?)? I'll check my order but hopefully there is only that one...

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Disregard my question about the valve. I reread the TGW site and realize I should have ordered 2 sets. Wish they would have used bold letters to clarify this but it's my fault for not paying closer attention.

The good news is I just talked to 4WHEELPARTS and they say my small parts box has arrived. I'll go get it and have to look at the logistics of installing the lift along with everything else!

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Wife's Waggy "Walter"...

Ok, all the lift stuff is here. Opened the parts box and it has the U-bolts, trac bar drop brackets, bushings, and the extended sway bar end links. In their instructions was a kinda odd decal. Is this a place or some sort of subtle religious thing??Image

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

The "new" safelite windshield.... ☹️

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Whoops! At least they're replacing it right?
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Nikkormat wrote:Whoops! At least they're replacing it right?
Yup. Thankfully they had one in Denver. If they break that one too... not sure how long it will take to get the next one. I get it, it's not an easy job. I just hope they take their time and get it right.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

If you zoom in on this pick you can see the cracks. If you really zoom in you can see the installer in his van, looking like he's banging his head against the steering wheel. Haha!

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Other than the cracks how does the windshield look? Satisfactory? I assume it's blue tint?

And he got the trim on?
Last edited by Nikkormat on Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

Be glad he broke it. New windshields are tough, so if it broke during install it was probably defective. :-bd If he'd got it in without breaking it, it probably would've broke the next time we go from freezing to 80*F in a day (so, like next week).
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Nikkormat wrote:Other than the cracks how does the windshield look? Satisfactory? I assume it's blue tint?

And he got the trim on?
I have no idea yet but I'll look when I get home from school.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

REDONE wrote:Be glad he broke it. New windshields are tough, so if it broke during install it was probably defective. :-bd If he'd got it in without breaking it, it probably would've broke the next time we go from freezing to 80*F in a day (so, like next week).
That was my thought but from what the guy told HH6, he was having a hard time getting it in the gasket at the top drivers side. Probably the last part to go in and he rushed, forced it, and broke it. Just my guess. It's tough but if you use something metal and pry against the edge it'll shatter like any other tempered glass, no?
I'm just happy to let them keep dealing with it. As long as the wife can keep driving it, it's no biggie.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Crap. The wife is driving home from work and the waggy shuts off. Oil pressure is way low and it's shaking. I checked the oil last night and it's fine, just very clean looking. It has about half a bottle of seafoam in it so I'm wondering if it has just thinned the oil out so much that the pump can't build pressure??
Anyone have some thoughts??

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

oh, nuts dood. When I run a thinner in the oil, be it seafoam or MMO or whatever, I do an Italian tune up in the driveway and just wind it out then dump it. I know it's all over the interwebs, but running that crap in the oil and DRIVING it wrecks the surface tension of the oil, so no oil wedges anywhere. I hope I'm wrong, but dang. :ugeek:

EDIT>>> To add MMO. I don't care what the internet says, the only oil you should run all the time is just oil by itself.
Last edited by REDONE on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Imageat idle

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

Oh no

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Got him home and rushing back to school. I'll post up tonight on what I found.

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

Short break in class.
So I am proud of the wife, she did exactly as I instructed her. She kept her eyes on the gauges and pulled over as soon as she saw a problem.
It started right up and ran ok, just a little lopy. I had some thick rotella in the suburban from when I had my Cummins. Dumped in about a half qt and the oil pressure rose to the low mark. Cool. Noticed the carb is leaking a little fuel out of the throttle shaft so I hope it hangs in until the fuel injection arrives. I also went to move the fuel filter and managed to break the sensor that mounts to the thermostat housing that has vacuum lines running to it. Crap.
But I jumped in the wag, wife climbs in the war wagon and we roll to the apartment. Didn't drive bad on the way home but it definitely isn't great. Doesn't sound like any damage but I'll change the oil tomorrow and see what I get. The seafoam must have been quite a shock to the old guy so hopefully he doesn't hold a grudge.

One other thing I noticed is the steering is really twitchy? It's not loose or anything, just seems very sensitive. I wonder if it's just a grand waggy thing or if the box or rag joint are bad?