Meet Road Trip

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

tedlovesjeeps71

Re: Meet Road Trip

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Sweet!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

It may not be relevant to you now, but the earlier sending units were 70-10 Ohm...which is backward...
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

az chip

Post by az chip »

Just download tapatalk and post pics direct to here. Easy, peasy, chicken squeezy.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

Just do the Photobucket app. It makes it easy to upload from your phone right to Photobucket.
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

az chip

Post by az chip »

Photobucket is not good.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
Road Trip

Post by Road Trip »

Yeah, I've been using Photobucket for all the other pics. It's slow and tedious, but it eventually will work. The issue was my wife took the pics on her phone and getting them to me so I could upload to PB has been the issue. I think we have it worked out and this weekend I should have some pics up.
Robert

Topic author
Road Trip

Post by Road Trip »

Happy Father's Day to me.

Last Sunday I got a call from the mechanic saying he had worked on my Jeep Saturday night and I could come get it. So I brought RT home last Sunday. Here is a video of RT under it's own power. I like the sound from the Borla exhaust. (It is a PB video if you are patient enough to get through it.)

Here is a pic of RT standing proud, with the motor running, but you can't see that in the pic.

Put on the grill, the medallions and get tires on the slotted dish mags and the outside will be finished.

When I picked it up the T-case had dumped all the fluid. So I get to find out what is wrong there. Also, while at the shop, the wipers have forgotten slow and mist functions, and the Nite-Lite that was turning on the headlights when it gets dark started turning on all the time. Of course the fact that the AC was installed under the dash where the wires for both of these had nothing to do with the I'm sure. OH, and there is a slow drain on the battery now. Hmmm, wasn't doing that before.

So Father's Day I wanted to do something on the Jeep just for me. I mentioned in a prior post that my brother gave me some sun visors from an XJ he was parting out.

First I tried to make them work in the stock location. No dice. First the angle of the XJ visor is so different that in the stock location, you couldn't swing it to the door because it would hit the roof about 3" from the "parked" location.

So time for a bracket.

I used cardboard to fab a bracket, to see if the visors would even work.

The single hole on the right is for the XJ visor. The multiple holes on the left was so I could get the 82 visor up to the paper to lay out the holes for the screws.

Then I laid the pattern out on the plate as shown in the picture.

Now what I didn't show was drilling the small holes for the phillips head screws to attach the XJ visor to the bracket, and drilling the larger holes so I could put a screw driver through the XJ bracket and screw the whole thing to the Jeep body. This allowed me to bend the bracket over and flatten it until I got the visors to fit against the top like I wanted. Here is the final fit.

Once I get the headliner installed I'll check the fitment against that before I finalize the "catch" clips that go above the windshield.
Robert

Topic author
Road Trip

Post by Road Trip »

Well, this day has been a long time getting here. I started this journey 7 years ago. I had never done anything like it, a full body off restoration. I got RT inspected and licensed and it is now on the road. Here are some pictures.

ImageIMG_1865 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1867 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1868 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1869 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

No back seat, wife wanted room for the dog kennel and an cooler for trips.

I have a couple of gremlins to chase down, but it sure feels good to drive it, finally!
Robert

Topic author
Road Trip

Post by Road Trip »

Well, this day has been a long time getting here. I started this journey 7 years ago. I had never done anything like it, a full body off restoration. I got RT inspected and licensed and it is now on the road. Here are some pictures.

ImageIMG_1865 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1867 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1868 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

ImageIMG_1869 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

No back seat, wife wanted room for the dog kennel and an cooler for trips.

I have a couple of gremlins to chase down, but it sure feels good to drive it, finally!
Robert

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Congrats sir, looks awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

az chip

Post by az chip »

Dang, that is very nice.

jaber
Vendor

Post by jaber »

Good to see another one finished, congrats...
Jeff

'46 cj3a
'51 Willys p/u
'51 Willys Parkway Conversion
'74 CJ5
'75 J-20 Wrecker
'75 J-20 Cummins service truck
'77 J-10 p/u
'79 Cherokee
'88 Grand Wagoneer
http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/jeffaber/

HeavyMetalThunder_81

Post by HeavyMetalThunder_81 »

Looks awesome!!! Great job!
-Jonny B.
1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
7" lift, 35x12.5x15
AMC 401 - Pro-FLo 4 FI
NV4500/NWFBB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
1979 Wagoneer - Sold
1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Congrats ! being five years into my own build have to give you credit for hanging in there, looks really really good ! how do you like the engine/trans combo? what kind of fuel mileage?

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

I missed this somehow. Thats awesome that you finished it! It really came out awesome. Thanks for sharing the journey with us over all these years.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Road Trip

Post by Road Trip »

We took RT to Lucky's Rod Run, a little show of about 100 cars on Sunday. RT did me proud, lots of pics and even a video or two. I did get 2 funny stories out of it.

A guy and his girl are walking up and he's telling her how "this is one of the old Jeep Waggoneers, blah, blah, blah..." when she says "why does it say Cherokee Chief on the side?". Him, "oh look, a Mustang!"

2 guys walk up, one looks under the hood and says "look at this, a Jeep with a Chevy motor and a Ford fuse box". Second guy says "that's just the way AMC did it."

We had fun and saw a lot of cars and trucks. RT was the only Jeep in the crowd, but there was a Gremlin with a blown 360. Made a lot of noise leaving the parking lot.
Robert

Topic author
Road Trip

Post by Road Trip »

The 5.3 and 4L60E has a lot of power. It really jumps when you hit the throttle. Don’t have enough miles to talk mileage.
Robert

twisted frame

Post by twisted frame »

Road Trip wrote:We took RT to Lucky's Rod Run, a little show of about 100 cars on Sunday. RT did me proud, lots of pics and even a video or two. I did get 2 funny stories out of it.

A guy and his girl are walking up and he's telling her how "this is one of the old Jeep Waggoneers, blah, blah, blah..." when she says "why does it say Cherokee Chief on the side?". Him, "oh look, a Mustang!"

2 guys walk up, one looks under the hood and says "look at this, a Jeep with a Chevy motor and a Ford fuse box". Second guy says "that's just the way AMC did it."
It's pretty funny how many car show folks don't know much about FSJs. I didn't know AMC put LS motors in FSJs, wow! :P :lol:

But seriously, the truck looks so sharp. What a deep color. Very cool to use the factory dished kidney bean slots and I'm drooling over the black interior panels.
73 J4000. 360, MC 2100, T18A, D20, stock closed knuckle Dana 44 front, 60-2 rear. Warn Lock-O-Matics, Warn/Belleview electric winch, true duals with glasspacks, old-school front diff skid plate, used 265 Toyos on 16" AR wheels.

bwwhaler

Post by bwwhaler »

Great to see RT finished, what an awesome build, you will enjoy it for meany years to come.
1987 GW 360/727/229 Performer intake Holley 670 32's 4" BJ's Springs CS-144 Serehill's light and tailgate harness