stubby

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Nikkormat

Re: stubby

Post by Nikkormat »

berettajeep wrote:My floors are starting to look like that too :cry:
Well get er done! You don't want your Cherokee to meet an end like mine do you?
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

Topic author
comet the dog

Post by comet the dog »

After crawling around underneath this j10 it appears I can hack off about 11 inches from both ends without moving the spring perches or fuel tank.
Should I move the breather valve for the fuel tank to the engine compartment. It's currently in the left front of the bed right under the rail. Which means it'll be right behind me in the cab after joining the bed and cab. I think I'll need to do this. Or do yall think sealing it up real well leaving it where it is should suffice. It has a nice hole below the bed where filler tube and hoses enter. I hope I'm being clear on what I'm talking about.

berettajeep

Post by berettajeep »

Too bad we are not closer because I would gladly help if needed.
'47 CJ2A My build
'74 Cherokee S 401/auto My build
'94 Cherokee 4.0 5 speed
'06 Liberty Renegade
'46 CJ2A

Topic author
comet the dog

Post by comet the dog »

Thanks, but I've got plenty of help. Two son in laws and I think I have a real friend or two. Lol

Topic author
comet the dog

Post by comet the dog »

I think im wimping out on chopping this guy up. I keep finding reasons no to do it. I think I'll just shorten the bed about a foot overall and leave the cab alone. But we will see.
I guess the more I look at it the more I like it as is. Why change a good thing?

Topic author
comet the dog

Post by comet the dog »

A big thank you goes out to Tatsadasayago for taking the time to photo shop the pickup I am not building. Thanks again.

super dually

Post by super dually »

I remembered this morning that I had biuldt a truck similer to what you was talking about biulding, Been 20 years ago, I ordered the left and right sides quarters for the 2 door cherokee and grafted them into the cab cutting the cab corner out from the jam back to the back of the cab but left the back of the cab in place sorta like ford did with their one pickup. The tops of the remainding quarters I bent up on a 8 foot metal break to mimick the body lines and welded them in . custom made a 2 piece tail gate that fitted in with pins and latches that was all hidden on the inside. Had a set of 68or 69 charger tail lights,,the two round ones ,flipped them upside down and made a custom rear lower valance to put them in under the tail gate. Looked pretty good,,to bad I don't have any pictures of it,,but maybe someplce I do. seems like I did take picture of it as I was biulding it. it I find them I will post.....I also have a jeep truck I just biuldt this past winter that I shorten up on the bed, moved the cab back on the frame and exteded the front fendar and hood,,fitted 37's with no lift except a front soa. Tried to post a picture of it on here,but it says that the file is too big.