FastEddie J10 restomod

Area to show off your Custom Build threads.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Re: FastEddie J10 restomod

Post by sonoraed »

Starting to Buff the paint, I thought it looked good before !ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Getting close!
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Yes it is! got the engine started couple of weeks ago tried to post video thru tapatalk but didn't happen, installing dash pad today next week down to Buck's Body shop for windshield, still lots of details like getting the glass cut right for doors, plumbing for radiator coolant recovery tank, windshield wiper arms oem style in good shape, wsw squirters, details details

jpswapmohn

Post by jpswapmohn »

I would really like to see that dash all buttoned up. I am actually looking to modify my 88 dash, or replace with an older version to get more classic, metal exposed look. The plastic center and gauge area of the late model dash has never suited me, but I have to admit that the pics of yours painted with the VA vents, etc. has me thinking. What did you do for gauges and such? Did you leave the metal panel on the passenger side exposed, or go with the original dash pad shape that covers it?

I am now also considered a VA unit in place of the stock separate heat and a/c. Both of mine function well enough, but I hate that i can’t get heat up off the floorboards. I also need to run vent tubes through center console to get both to the rear of the wagon, which you don’t have to worry about.

Stunning truck! I think you made the right color choice.
One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.
88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, J20 axles, etc. http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
95YJ, STaK, D44's, SOA, ARB's, Bilstein 5150s, 35" KM2's
50 CJ3A
77 J-10 (sold)

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Thanks, the color choice did turn out pretty good but caused lots of doubts in the beginning,it's funny your talking abut putting in an older style dash cause I did just the opposite was really tired of the plastic len's falling out, didn't like dakota digital prefer the analog look, hated the amp meter etc.these days places like autometer could make a volt meter to replace the amp meter, other problem with the older style dash with A/C-heat controls, to use vintage air have to have 3 types of control, i.e. blower speed,temp control and function (defrost,dash vent, floor) this easier to do with your style of dash hvac control head (reason I went with newer dash) we can get deeper into how to make the newer head work with vintage air, I have thought of way to make the older hvac control work with a Gen IV evap but need more time and room than we have in this reply.
We just got the dash pad installed so now windshield can be installed goes to body shop Friday will take picture!

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Can't wait to see that thing in person when its done.
2017 JKU Rubicon

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

I'm starting to have visions of actually driving this truck! yesterday picked up full coverage insurance from Grundy Worldwide for $451.00,my regular auto insurance wouldn't cover the truck for what I $ have in it, some limitations, has to be garaged, 2500 miles a year,etc.

letank

Post by letank »

We need a christening party for this baby rebirth... aka a baby shower...

But first, it is an impressive work!
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

That's a great idea! sure never thought it would go this far OCD out of control LOL

Cheap Hobby

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Are you going to make it the GoodGuys in P,easanton this month?
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Cheap Hobby wrote:Are you going to make it the GoodGuys in P,easanton this month?
My truck won't make it still at the body shop trying get windshield installed, used the old gasket with new windshield and original trim, gasket was not pliable so he covered it with linseed oil and let sit in the sun and installed glass on the second day, trim is another story has some dents and needs to be polished doesn't line up thinking about leaving it off the truck, shooting for SEMA in November, but GoodGuys might be a good day trip, was at West Coast last year at Pleasanton something like 3000 vehicles there all of them over the top!

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

sonoraed wrote:
Cheap Hobby wrote:Are you going to make it the GoodGuys in P,easanton this month?
My truck won't make it still at the body shop trying get windshield installed, used the old gasket with new windshield and original trim, gasket was not pliable so he covered it with linseed oil and let sit in the sun and installed glass on the second day, trim is another story has some dents and needs to be polished doesn't line up thinking about leaving it off the truck, shooting for SEMA in November, but GoodGuys might be a good day trip, was at West Coast last year at Pleasanton something like 3000 vehicles there all of them over the top!
At Bucks body shop Sonora Ca ,Bucky has been installing windshields for 50 years!

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

had a setback the linseed oil used to soften old gasket melted into the clear coat, paint was chipped trying to install trim, trim doesn't fit very well-top piece was tweeted when removed 5 years ago (I guess) so looking for trim in better shape than what I have, removing windshield to install new gasket and repaint and clear around windshield, bummer is I don't even like the trim around windshield but gasket is made for it and wouldn't look right, :banghead:

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

As far as I know, you can buy a new gasket for use without trim.
2017 JKU Rubicon

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

I wasn't sure about that, found a place in Florida that lists a gasket (for no trim) on their website have not seen one anywhere else offer a no trim gasket, Steve wants the trim and I don't, he thinks the truck needs some bling,for me hard to tell without the grille/headlights installed .

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

Which grill are you going with?
2017 JKU Rubicon

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

the same Gladiator grille I had before, had it rechrome'd when first installed so it's in pretty good shape

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Got a link for that gasket? I just got one from fsjjeepparts.com that was supposed to be trimless. Not so.

Rock Auto used to list one but it too was the later version. Same manufacturer, two different P/N's for the same part. I suspect these guys are all getting the parts from the same place but they haven't all caught on yet.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

SJTD wrote:Got a link for that gasket? I just got one from fsjjeepparts.com that was supposed to be trimless. Not so.

Rock Auto used to list one but it too was the later version. Same manufacturer, two different P/N's for the same part. I suspect these guys are all getting the parts from the same place but they haven't all caught on yet.
Same place I was looking at, so that solves that issue, went ahead and ordered new gasket from BJ's and found used trim on Ebay hopefully will be in good shape and just need to polish, had another stepback last week the battery decided to spring a leak, powdercoat lost a little shine but not too much damage :-?

Topic author
sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

sonoraed wrote:
SJTD wrote:Got a link for that gasket? I just got one from fsjjeepparts.com that was supposed to be trimless. Not so.

Same place I was looking at, so that solves that issue, went ahead and ordered new gasket from BJ's and found used trim on Ebay hopefully will be in good shape and just need to polish, had another stepback last week the battery decided to spring a leak, powdercoat lost a little shine but not too much damage :-?