New to the forum

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Gladiator69

New to the forum

Post by Gladiator69 »

Just joined and have been spending time going through posts. I just bought a 69 j2000. Currently being transported. This is my first ever truck project and i am really excited to get working on it. I am not the most mechanically inclined yet but i love getting my hands dirty and learning. This forum seems to be full of a lot of knowledge so i am really appreciative of how helpful everyone seems to be. I will definitely add some updates on the truck as I go along.
Info on the truck:
1969 Jeep J2000
Original 6cyl tornado
3sp manual trans
Front and rear end from a 1976 J10
Other than that, everything else is original
It is basically a barn find and has had one owner. If anyone has some tips on some basic modifications or simple upgrades to begin with, i would appreciate the help. For now i just want it to be a casual weekend driver but bring some life to it. Eventually i want to overhaul the truck but i am not financially ready for that yet. Thanks again!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: New to the forum

Post by Stuka »

Welcome to the forum. Looks like a good starting point. Nice that is has the later open knuckle axles.
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Gladiator69

Post by Gladiator69 »

Thank you. I am glad it has the open knuckles as well. Thats the first thing i always see people recommending to change.
1969 Jeep Gladiator

Renodemona

Post by Renodemona »

Welcome! Really good starting point! Does the 230 run? I know they have some parts supply issues on things but not sure what.
"Wait, what's on fire!?" KJ7TCT
--------------------------------------------------------------
1976 Cherokee w/t 'Susan' 401/TH400/QT(PT)
FiTech Go EFI, Edelbrock Performer intake
3" Rough Country Springs, HEI Dizzy
-------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Cherokee Trailhawk V6 'Sedna'

Topic author
Gladiator69

Post by Gladiator69 »

Renodemona wrote:Welcome! Really good starting point! Does the 230 run? I know they have some parts supply issues on things but not sure what.
Yeah it still runs. The owner just drove it around on his farm once in a while. I was thinking about switching engines at some point because i know finding parts will be a challenge most likely.
1969 Jeep Gladiator

will e

Post by will e »

Whoa! That is a totally cool truck!. You are right, there are a lot of helpful folks here who will help you out with your Jeep journey. Any thoughts on what your direction is?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
Gladiator69

Post by Gladiator69 »

will e wrote:Whoa! That is a totally cool truck!. You are right, there are a lot of helpful folks here who will help you out with your Jeep journey. Any thoughts on what your direction is?
Thank you! I am really excited. I dont want to go full offroad or anything. I want to keep it mostly classic but with some upgraded performance and suspension. Definitely thinking about dark green paint and white interior in the future.
1969 Jeep Gladiator