Noob with duplicate questions

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Pablo von Paco

Noob with duplicate questions

Post by Pablo von Paco »

I’m finally about to bite the bullet and get a Wagoneer. Looking at options, that I know have been covered but my phone doesn’t allow the best search functionality. So please bare with me and I appreciate your help and patience.
(1) looking at swapping the SJ onto a newer chassis to advantage of all the newer creature comforts. I’ve read that JKs, blazers, and 2nd gen ram truck are decent sonata but what has turned out to be the best long term?
(2) where is the best place to look at custom replacement door panels?
(3) has anyone swapped in a dash from a Durango or other vehicle to provide upgraded a/c and vents?
(4) how much Head room is available? I’m toying with the ideas of pulling the 2002 rear a/c from a Durango and mounting it on the roof. Would this work?

Again, I’m sorry for the repetitiveness of my questions but any information is appreciated, even links to posts are helpful.

Stuka
Site Admin

Re: Noob with duplicate questions

Post by Stuka »

1. I have seen guys do JKs and the Rams (2nd and 3rd gens), but never a Blazer. That would be a downgrade.
2. If you mean interior door panels, MeninBlack here sells custom made ones. He has a listing in the Vendors area.
3. This could be tough, as the FSJ cabin is narrower than other full size vehicles, but wider than smaller compact vehicle. I have never seen it done.
4. Head room is decent, but not sure if there is enough for the AC vents to go up there. Would be an interesting setup though.
5. Welcome to the forum :)
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

Topic author
Pablo von Paco

Post by Pablo von Paco »

Thank you!

I’ve been wanting a Wagoneer since I was 15 but it just never happened. Now 24 years later I’m finally doing it. I remember I was the fourth subscriber to the original quarterly fsj magazine. It was printed on color card stock and I willingly paid $30 for that subscription.

letank

Post by letank »

in the built list some very talented member has been doing its own AC vents, on the mothership

http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthre ... 564&page=4

Swapping body to frame, our governator had it done...

https://jalopnik.com/for-85-000-this-19 ... 1702798370
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)