Hydraulic clutch - what slave and master?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Billybob535

Hydraulic clutch - what slave and master?

Post by Billybob535 »

I am collecting parts to build a 4 door 76-83 Cherokee or Wagoneer, I will be running an NV4500 with a T176 bellhousing from an 80+ CJ and the AA adapter plate.

I want to run a hydraulic clutch. I have spent 3 weeks reading everything I could find about the conversion. I am not concerned with the pedal hookup. I do not want to use the kits from Novak, AA, partsmike, or other outfits as I want to be able to go to any parts store and buy off the shelf replacement parts.

I found some info that recommended using an 87-90 YJ clutch master with a mid 80's Cj slave and the AA braided host and fittings. I ordered the hose and fittings when I ordered the adapter plate. I want to order my clutch kit, clutch master, and clutch slave but I found some conflicting info regarding bore size of the master vs slave.

Can someone here tell me what they are running for master and slave?

I will be going hydroboost diesel motor so master to booster clearance is no issue. I will be running an NP208 with a drivers drop front axle so slave to driveshaft clearance could be a slight concern.

Thanks

Topic author
Billybob535

Re: Hydraulic clutch - what slave and master?

Post by Billybob535 »

I found a writeup where the person used an 11/16" bore master from a 90 YJ wrangler and a 7/8" bore slave from an early 80s CJ w/ a 4cyl (which will bolt right to my t176 bellhousing where the mechanical clutch pivot bracket was). He had good performance and good pedal with that setup.

I found both applications in Dorman parts and the bore sizes are correct. I don't want any Dorman junk so I am looking at the same applications from LUK (LUK does not say what the bore sizes are though).

LUK LMC208 master

LUK SC173 slave

Has anyone here used these LUK parts?

Thanks