Bjs J-truck LED tail light

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Phils67

Bjs J-truck LED tail light

Post by Phils67 »

Just saw that BJs has LED tail light conversions for J-trucks now. I already converted my front turn/markers, headlights, and cab clearance lights to LED and I have been wanting to convert my tails. Just wondering if anyone has purchased the ones BJs offers and what are your opinions. I am not looking for lights that you can see from outer space, just something dependable to to give the local cops one less reason to pull this obnoxious truck over
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.

FSJ Guy

Re: Bjs J-truck LED tail light

Post by FSJ Guy »

A regular light bulb will actually draw less attention than a fancy flashing LED taillight.

I have not seen these taillights perform in direct SUNLIGHT. The only video shows it in shade, so I'd be cautious about how bright they actually are.
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

Topic author
Phils67

Re: Bjs J-truck LED tail light

Post by Phils67 »

I had a set of LED tails on my TJ ans they worked fine day or night, but they were also full units. The one BJs sells is basically a LED panel that goes into an 1157 socket. I have never had good luck with that style on other vehicles. Plus the price tag of $80 for a pair has me questioning it.
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.