1" Body Lift worth it?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
PUDS

1" Body Lift worth it?

Post by PUDS »

Have 4" BJ'S Lift already, with 1" HD shackles and would like to give the tires a little more clearance. Body mount bushings are not horrible but not great, was thinking that before paint I'd replace them and add a 1" body lift while I'm at it. I don't want any of the hassles of lengthening lines, hoses, etc that come with a 2" plus body lift, for those of you that have the done the 1" BJ'S body, was it worthwhile?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

REDONE

Re: 1

Post by REDONE »

Nope. If you look at your front bumper and how the body fits behind it, you can quickly see the first of about ten stupid issues that come with a body lift. I'm not saying that body lifts are stupid, but you would be amazed at the headaches and extra costs that $50 worth of hockey pucks and bolts can cause. Definitely not worth it for one inch.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
PUDS

Re: 1" Body Lift worth it?

Post by PUDS »

Thx

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

rocklaurence
Vendor

Re: 1

Post by rocklaurence »

One inch isn" isn't worth the effort. However, 2-3" is worth it and I have 3" BL on both my trucks. True, you'll have to move the bumpers up and extend the steering link, shifter link and some other small things. It only takes a couple hours to do at home.