What company has a good lift?

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
FSJfan

What company has a good lift?

Post by FSJfan »

I have a 1977 Jeep J10 with 33x12.50 and currently has no lift. I was wondering what are some companies that have some good lifts for a 2-4 inch lift?
1977 Jeep J10 T-18 w/ wide ratio sitting on 33x12.50 I’m a high schooler without much mechanical background but I’m trying to learn. So thoroughness is greatly appreciated.

shimniok

Re: What company has a good lift?

Post by shimniok »

You might want to do some web searches for FSJ lift to see what others have said in the last few years. There are tons and tons of great threads here and on ifsja.org about lifts and owners experiences, along with vehicle pictures, etc. that will give you a wealth of information with a little patience. (I like to read lift threads so I have read many of them)

I have Skyjacker 4" (all spring) that I got in '99. It seems to me most folks like them, me included. I don't recall seeing much negative. Quite a few folks who want more than 4" go with TT Fabworks reportedly awesome SOA (spring over axle) conversion. That's what I will do if/when I decide to go higher or want far better articulation.

A lot of folks run BJs lifts too and I can only recall reading positive posts. But you'll find that out as you start reading through threads.

Rancho may still has their 2.5" lift which I had and thought was a bit stiff but others may disagree. I haven't read much about that kit in some time.

I can't remember if BJs has a 2" but I think so. Rough Country used to do a 3" kit but I dunno if they do anymore.

I think one of the lift vendors is on the poo list of a lot of people but I don't recall which one that was offhand.

Custom springs from a reputable spring shop like Alcan is an option. You can sort of customize lift and spring rate and stuff.

There are other players in the FSJ lift kit world, too, which will turn up in the various threads you find.

I think shocks matter. Some make for a brutally stiff ride. Some make for a firm but pleasant ride. Of course everyone has a different perception of ride quality.

Good luck in your quest!

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk
Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
'86 GW "Troubled Child" tc.wagoneer.org
360, TBI, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MTs, WT D44+ARB, WT AMC20 + LockRight, CB 2m 6m 70cm, K0FSJ
The world's first Robotic Full Size Jeep!

1969 dream wagon

Post by 1969 dream wagon »

Hellcreek nice guy, good product, great tech support.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

I personally have experience with Rusty's Off Road 4" spring lift. They ride better than the old Warn Black Diamond, Rancho, Old Man Emu and Rough Country 4" springs.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-suspe ... -lift-kits
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Stuka
Site Admin

Post by Stuka »

You also get an FSJN discount through Hell Creek: http://fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2865
2017 JKU Rubicon
Pevious Jeeps: 1981 J10, 1975 Cherokee, 2008 JK, 2005 KJ, 1989 XJ

az chip

Post by az chip »

I have Rusty's 4" lift springs. They ride great in the garage so far. Give me a week I will tell you how they actually ride.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.