Let's see your creative cargo area side panels!

Modified FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
loganobrien121

Let's see your creative cargo area side panels!

Post by loganobrien121 »

Now that the wag's pretty much running [finally], I'm starting to turn my attention to the interior. Gonna strip it all out, then bedliner the whole thing, peel & seal and new carpets, leaving the cargo area just bedlined (I don't want to vacuum dog hair out of new carpet every day).

Because I'm not running carpet in the back, I'm wondering if you guys have used any cool/interesting/creative materials for carpet-free cargo area panels. I saw either on here or ifsja that someone used diamond plate and then had it painted black chrome; looked pretty sweet. But would love to see what you guys have done too. I have a bunch of brass sheets I've been tarnishing for months (kitchen counter project I never got around to) and I was thinking about using those, but I don't know... thinking that may be taking it a bit too far...

So let's see em!
"Betty Blue"
'71 Wag
Buick 350/TH400/D20

"The Bride of Frankenstein"
Green and some uh rust... color...
'73 Wagoneer.
360/TH400

Cassidy

Re: Let's see your creative cargo area side panels!

Post by Cassidy »

Plywood with tan beadliner
Using Tapatalk

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Did this in my XJ to hold a second battery for the extra stuff. Probably be easy to do with an FSJ as well.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TitaniaDieKrieger

Post by TitaniaDieKrieger »

Almost lost this post when I logged in. Here are some rear side panels I made. still need to cut a hole for speakers but I may move them so still thinking. The front panels and door panels will have some foam padding. two pics attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

will e

Post by will e »

I only see on pic but I like it!

I know it's a old thread. I had diamond plate as the back panels. I could not get them to stop making noise.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

men in black
Vendor

Post by men in black »

1990 Grand Wagoneer.. black with sand interior.. 70,000 miles,
Razor grille, Hella H4 headlights, Piaa driving, LED spider taillights, tinted windows.
Full Corinthian leather front and rear seat. custom full length center console with cup holders. 100 sf of Rattle-trap on floor. Edelbrock intake and 2132 cam, Howell TBI, Ford Distributor Cap, TFI Ignition Coil, Desmogged