Warn premium hub questions

Modified FSJ Tech Area

BCRAWLER

Re: Warn premium hub questions

Post by BCRAWLER »

Thanx derf. That the picture I was trying to upload. Do have center sprag reversed but it still works.
1980 Cherokee,360/727/208, propane powered,unknown lift,31' Adventuro's on Chevy rims,Warn winch
1980 J10,360/standard/208, stepside
1970 GMC 4X4 Pickup, 78 frame, 84 350, Turbo 350/205, patina galore
1986 Blazer K5, 350/205/465 trans
1990 Cherokee XJ, about to scrap for FSJ parts, gone to parts graveyard in sky

will e

Post by will e »

That picture also shows the phillip screw. I had good luck with the outer snap ring once I picked up a decent set of snap ring pliers. I also found that using some channel locks and pulling the shaft out a bit helps too.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

With Teds tip of pushing the axle from the back side I was able to get both snap rings in the front. I will try that idea tonight. Thanks.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

tedlovesjeeps71

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

az chip wrote:With Teds tip of pushing the axle from the back side I was able to get both snap rings in the front. I will try that idea tonight. Thanks.
I'm not totally useless... Yippee!!! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
az chip

Post by az chip »

derf wrote:Take the cap off and try to push the middle ring in like this:

Pushing it in should "lock" the hub. Letting the spring push it back out should "unlock" the hub.

You may need to rotate the wheel slightly to get the splines to line up.

Oh, and I should go back and update that page. I just installed some hubs on another axle and was able to get the snap ring on by pushing the axle shaft out.
Ok. I got back to this. The inner clutch pushed back probably a little more than 1/2 inch. But it does push back. That is what the install instructions say as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.