Re: Disc brakes with parking brake

Post by glake »

1970 Jeep Gladiator: Daily Driver!
1963 Jeep Wagoneer: In progess
1972 Jeep Wagoneer: waiting in the wings

j10jim

Post by j10jim »

glake, did you order from him yet? Thinking about ordering for my J20 rear in the spring.
1980 J10/20
Rusty's 4" lift, 2" body lift, old Cliffhanger front bumper, 35" tires, 65 dash w Speedhut gauges.
Xtrusion Overland rack system, Tepui tent, 1/2 decked system.

LONG time member of ifsja.org, FSJ-List and some others...

glake

Post by glake »

j10jim wrote:glake, did you order from him yet? Thinking about ordering for my J20 rear in the spring.
I did, on Monday evening so I haven't received them yet. When I get them I'll post it. I read through a good portion of his post on Pirate 4x4 and reviews seem good. I contacted him about fitting on my 1970 Dana 60 since he only lists down to 1972 and he was quick to reply that he'd swap out the brackets to weld on if the bolt ons don't fit.

j10jim

Post by j10jim »

Yeah I saw that. Read through the entire Pirate thread. When I am ready will probably get from him.
1980 J10/20
Rusty's 4" lift, 2" body lift, old Cliffhanger front bumper, 35" tires, 65 dash w Speedhut gauges.

glake

Post by glake »

My brakes from Lugnut arrived yesterday. Very speedy delivery considering I'm in SoCal and he's in Tennessee. The bolt on brackets lined up perfectly on my 1970 dana 60 full float. I hope to get them installed in the next couple of weeks.

j10jim

Post by j10jim »

Glake, take lots of pics! Im going to need them :)
1980 J10/20

Topic author
BIG79J10

Post by BIG79J10 »

I actually have a kit from him on my 79 Ford 60 FF rear in my YJ. It's a good kit. Very complete. However I don't have an ebrake in the YJ either. Still trying to find an ebrake kit for that one too..... I just don't want to run eldorado calipers honestly. Since I already have the regular calipers on both trucks.
79 J10--- 5.3, SM465/NP205, SOA'd on Chevy 3/4 tons. Sitting on 37's............ IT FINALLY MOVES UNDER ITS OWN POWER!!!!

derf

Post by derf »

j10jim wrote:Cutthroat is who I will get my brackets thru as well. I have heard great things about them.

Here is the link for the cables: http://www.controlcables.com
Resurrecting this thread from the dead.

I finally ordered cables from these guys. I ended up estimating it to be a hair longer than I really needed but they bolted right up. I bought some universal springs in the Help section at the local parts store and I'll figure out a way to attach them to hold the cables up and out of the way.

It's easier to call them and chat with the guy on the phone to make sure you get the right ends on the cable.

But I now have working parking brakes. :-bd
W0JPR

Check out my gear ratio calculator

If you can't fix it with a hammer or duct tape you have an electrical problem.

BRUTUS

Post by BRUTUS »

derf wrote:
j10jim wrote:Cutthroat is who I will get my brackets thru as well. I have heard great things about them.

Here is the link for the cables: http://www.controlcables.com
Resurrecting this thread from the dead.

I finally ordered cables from these guys. I ended up estimating it to be a hair longer than I really needed but they bolted right up. I bought some universal springs in the Help section at the local parts store and I'll figure out a way to attach them to hold the cables up and out of the way.

It's easier to call them and chat with the guy on the phone to make sure you get the right ends on the cable.

But I now have working parking brakes. :-bd
Remind me when I see you next time that I would like to see these cables installed. I have the caddy calipers and the damn piston seized in both of them and they got hot enough that I can not get the bleeder screw to open. NOTE to anyone with caddy calipers, the piston will seize if you do not use the e-brake every once in a while.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, I already have the dual e-brake handles and mounts from two XJ's in my garage collecting dust. I have already digitally copied Scott Roberts e-brake brackets and will probably make my own brackets. The final piece of the puzzle was the custom cables!

Thanks everyone for this thread and the contributions. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas now that I can source all the pieces to finally make this happen on Brutus!
'74 J30 with some upgrades