Overhead console display?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

candymancan

Re: Overhead console display?

Post by candymancan »

Sorry for the delay.

Here is how to wire that wireless key thing to your Jeep if you already had the IR unit in your console. As i said both yellow and red wire on the kit goes into the pink/red wire in your console. The two orange and black go into the black in your Jeep, and white goes int othe brownish black wire ? At least it looks like that for me lol they tend to fade over the years. Then the other white wire goes into the purple/white wire.. Just experiement which wire is which for open and close and switch the white wires accordingly.

It isnt hard at all

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

Theodore

Re: Overhead console display?

Post by Theodore »

candymancan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:31 am Sorry for the delay.

Here is how to wire that wireless key thing to your Jeep if you already had the IR unit in your console. As i said both yellow and red wire on the kit goes into the pink/red wire in your console. The two orange and black go into the black in your Jeep, and white goes int othe brownish black wire ? At least it looks like that for me lol they tend to fade over the years. Then the other white wire goes into the purple/white wire.. Just experiement which wire is which for open and close and switch the white wires accordingly.

It isnt hard at all

Noticed that the pic link was bad in the previous post; found it in Google Images & snipped a copy for those working to replace the keyless entry module.
1990 Grand Wagoneer - "Theodore" - AMC 360, fuel-injected, TF727, NP229 - Sand Metallic - restoring to stock - Build Thread