How is this piece mounted?!?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Mikeswagon

How is this piece mounted?!?

Post by Mikeswagon »

Hi,

can someome help me out with a picture please....how is this grille mounted to the body? If i recall it right, there are some kind of clamps....

Thanks Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GrandW

Re: How is this piece mounted?!?

Post by GrandW »

Guessing it's a Grand Wagoneer? Year? It doesn't say anywhere, so trying to help, assuming it's a GW there's a rubber piece that lays horizontal to the ground that lays on the part that doesn't show when the hood is closed. Looks like you might have that. Then it should screw down in those ovals you have. Looks like everything fits. You're close!
1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Aren't there some formed sheet metal clips that also hold down the hood seal mentioned above? Been a few years since I took mine apart.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
Mikeswagon

Post by Mikeswagon »

Yes, it is a 89 GW. Since it took me months again to finish the project, forgot everything and did not take before pictures :-((

I do think there were metal clips... but not sure if and where they might be now in all my garages mess....

So, if someone would open his hood and send me a picture i´d be very happy!

letank

Post by letank »

The cowl cover has some metal tangs that slip in matching holes, then screws hold the front part down, photo to follow

Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
Mikeswagon

Post by Mikeswagon »

Thanks!