Ignition Switch adjustment or something else?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
windover90

Ignition Switch adjustment or something else?

Post by windover90 »

I have recently replaced the ignition switch in my 81 wagoneer. I dropped the column to do so and was able to adjust the switch so that it functions normally (I think). I got everything bolted back up and fired the jeep up. The key ignition positions all seem to work as they should and it shifts through the gears just fine (column seems to be set correctly).

Here's the weird part: As the jeep is sitting in park idling, I can hear the rear door locks clicking. The locks have never worked for me due to typical age issues, but I find it strange that just the rear locks engage every 5-10 seconds. Any thoughts on why it is doing this? Thanks in advance!

dodgerammit

Re: Ignition Switch adjustment or something else?

Post by dodgerammit »

Door lock circuit goes to fuse box. Just have to do some tracing. http://oljeep.com/gw/elec/GW_wiring.html
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
windover90

Re: Ignition Switch adjustment or something else?

Post by windover90 »

Thanks, electrical is not my strong suit but I will let you know what I come up with!