Wiring diagram

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
bubba

Wiring diagram

Post by bubba »

Hey Guys,

Anyone know where I could get a wiring diagram with colored wiring coding for a 1968 Wagoneer with a 350 Buick?

Thanks

Mass
Vendor

Re: Wiring diagram

Post by Mass »

http://oljeep.com/gw/elec/GW_wiring.html

They have a bunch of diagrams here and usually have wire color codes.
You'd have to see if they have what you're needing but I'd start there.
89' GW 6BT Cummins

tgreese

Re: Wiring diagram

Post by tgreese »

What you find on the Tom Collins site (oljeep.com) is what Jeep supplied in the FSM. The Kaiser-era harness is pretty simple, and you should be able to trace through from the diagram and looking at the Jeep. If you really need colors, I'd suggest you blow up the diagram to 2-3 times the size (use a copier to enlarge and then paste pages together) then get a box of colored pencils and write over the diagram in color. This is what I did when I was a teenager and wanted a colored diagram. There is also a '72 diagram on that page. That year is pretty close to the older Jeeps, and the colors will probably be the same. Again, refer to the '72 diagram and the car, and color your enlarged '68 diagram.

If you search, someone here or at IFSJA may have colored the factory diagram and posted it. Maybe. I would not bother to search - instead I'd do the pencils thing.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.