stock fog light mounting (1989)

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Xplitive

stock fog light mounting (1989)

Post by Xplitive »

I have an '89 that has fog light brackets on it but is absent the actual lights. Picked up some marchals a while back that also came with brackets.

How in the heck do the lights mount to the bracket?

Picture would be most helpful and greatly appreciated.

The brackets that are on the truck don't really seem to give clearance from either the grill or the big vertical rubber thingy. The bracket on the marchals appears to have a previous owner modification that added and moved a mounting hole up, possibly to get more clearance.
thank you in advance!
Erik
1989 GW, 31s on rancho front and general spring rear

az chip

Re: stock fog light mounting (1989)

Post by az chip »

Here ya go dude. It is close. It sits on the rubber bumper.
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

az chip

Post by az chip »

Here ya go dude. It is close. It sits on the rubber bumper.
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
Xplitive

Post by Xplitive »

thank you! Well something is amiss on mine then.
Erik

Topic author
Xplitive

Post by Xplitive »

Had 3 complete pairs of different style brackets with the waggy. Stuck with the ones already mounted in order to not create more work removing the bumper. appears at some point someone was trying to bend them horizontally for mounting (could have been this guy). Brought them into a more vertical position and everything fits and works. Promptly Overheated a lense and had it crack ala a nice “pop” sound.. original marchal set eeeff me..
Erik

az chip

Post by az chip »

I have a aftermarket set of lights. The Marchals seem a little light weight.

Fast79Chief

Post by Fast79Chief »

Xplitive, I have an extra pair of rectangular German made Hellas from back in the day if you are interested. Drop me a message and we can talk.
1979 Cherokee Chief S, V8, MSD Pro Billet Distributor with New Factory Ignition Box (are these 2 even supposed to work together?), HEI Wires, Edelbrock 1406, Edelbrock Performer manifold, 3.54 gears, Tru-Trac Locker in the rear, Turbo 400, New Quadratrac, Dual gas tanks, new 32 x 11.50's, Big 9000 winch, Homemade 2.5" full length exhaust, Custom Headlight Harness, Custom front bumper working, Custom Rear Swing-out Bumper, Class V receiver hitch ... and a lot of work to do yet. :)