Alternator Chewing Up Belt

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
RPO

Re: Alternator Chewing Up Belt

Post by RPO »

As it sits now they are wired directly to a switch in the cab. Eventually I'll install a fan controller or set up a relay system to kick them on or off dependent on engine temp. Yet another thing needing fixing...

I'd start a build thread, but it'll just turn into 2 years worth of me fixing little stuff before anything starts getting "built" :lol:

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

lol. Heard that! Feel like I am still chasing small things these days, but have been able to throw "build" related projects in there from time to time.

will e

Post by will e »

RPO wrote:As it sits now they are wired directly to a switch in the cab. Eventually I'll install a fan controller or set up a relay system to kick them on or off dependent on engine temp. Yet another thing needing fixing...

I'd start a build thread, but it'll just turn into 2 years worth of me fixing little stuff before anything starts getting "built" :lol:
The PO may have done the interior switch to allow the fans to be turned off when fording a river.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
RPO

Post by RPO »

1979bettywhite - I never answered your question! The plan is to build it up as a camping/mild off-roading rig. Power hookups, lights, winch (maybe?), compressor. Definitely something that will require a complete re-eval of the current electrical system. As mentioned before, probably be a bit before any major additions are made. Wanna get it running as well as possible in its current state so I can enjoy it as I go along. I've got too many "projects" in the garage as it is!

will e - The switch is the only means of which to control the fan. Straight on/off...no temp probs in the radiator or relays in the system. Not yet, at least...

will e

Post by will e »

RPO wrote: will e - The switch is the only means of which to control the fan. Straight on/off...no temp probs in the radiator or relays in the system. Not yet, at least...
Adding the temp probe and relays is a good idea but if you can keep the manual shutoff switch, that's a win win too.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

will e wrote:
RPO wrote: will e - The switch is the only means of which to control the fan. Straight on/off...no temp probs in the radiator or relays in the system. Not yet, at least...
Adding the temp probe and relays is a good idea but if you can keep the manual shutoff switch, that's a win win too.
That is really a good sounding setup for what you intend to do with it!