A/C Switches Frozen

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
RGniady81

A/C Switches Frozen

Post by RGniady81 »

Ok all I am looking for some guidance before I go and break something. I just drug home an ‘88 GW that wasn’t running due to a total power failure several months ago. It’s got 108k on the clock. Well, I traced the issue back to 2 fusible links and the ignition control module and got it running today. So while going through things trying to figure out exactly what I have and what needs to be addressed I thought for giggles I’d see if the truck had air. The compressor kicks on when I put power to it but I don’t have any air flowing into the cab at all. Now, first things first, the A/C switch, particularly the wheel that controls fan speed is absolutely frozen stuck. I want to pull it out and get a look at the back and clean it up and see if I can get that working. Can someone tell me how to go about removing the switch plate from the dash? Thanks in advance.
1999 XJ “Goldie” w/262k, 1988 GW 108k “name pending”

sonoraed
Vendor

Re: A/C Switches Frozen

Post by sonoraed »

pull the bezel around guages/radio/ac control, then control panel there are two blower switch, one for heater other for a/c

Topic author
RGniady81

Post by RGniady81 »

So I got to the switches you speak of. I can’t find a replacement part anywhere. All I can find are the the heater switches for models without factory AC. Anybody know where to get this set up. They are definitely bad. Is this a dealer only part?

sonoraed
Vendor

Post by sonoraed »

Have to check but the same switch's were used in latter model Cherokee's (just one instead of two) the switch is generic RANCO only the mounting case is particular to the vehicle, I have in the past taken the switch apart and installed new guts, it has to be RANCO not a chinese knockoff

Topic author
RGniady81

Post by RGniady81 »

Thanks for the reply I actually found one on eBay new I’m box, someone had dug up from a parts warehouse. Got it in yesterday in fact. Good to go!