How many pulleys on an 84 Grand Wagoneer alternator?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

letank

Re: How many pulleys on an 84 Grand Wagoneer alternator?

Post by letank »

found the old belt ref 11AVI1285, this is the metric size, 11mm width. by 1285mm length, this is with the AC compressor. the caliper agreed for the width 11mm, in fact 10.5 mm .
in your case you need a shorter length than your current one, check the ref printed on the belt.
check in my signature, engine bits, one pict shows how deep the belt is...

no access to that jeep at the moment,to give you the current refnum, I can't see in the pict

EDIT after Will e post, the other ref on the belt mentioned above is 15512
Last edited by letank on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michel
74 wag (349 Kmiles... parked, next step is a rust free body)
85 Gwag (229 Kmiles... the running test lab)

Topic author
memsiej

Post by memsiej »

Thanks!! Found and ordered a dual pulley, when it gets here I'll put it on and get the belts figured out. Dummy question- I assume one belt goes where the one belt is currently running. Second belt attaches the alternator to the.....???
1984 Grand Wagoneer V8 5.9

derf

Post by derf »

memsiej wrote:Thanks!! Found and ordered a dual pulley, when it gets here I'll put it on and get the belts figured out. Dummy question- I assume one belt goes where the one belt is currently running. Second belt attaches the alternator to the.....???
Both of the belts will follow the exact same path. There should be grooves for them on the crank, water pump, AC compressor, and alternator.

The third belt wraps around the crank, water pump, and power steering pump.

If you have an air pump below the power steering pump, there will be a belt between the two on the "second" groove of the power steering pump pulley.

will e

Post by will e »

You might find this thread handy:

http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtop ... 05#p106151

Some auto stores substitute a different belt. Try to get a set of actual 15510 if you can.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
memsiej

Post by memsiej »

LOL today the squealing just... stopped. It wasn't raining, roads weren't wet, the noise just stopped. I drove it around for a few hours today and it never picked back up. No clue why. I'll still make the replacements when the parts get in, though.
1984 Grand Wagoneer V8 5.9