Window Felts

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
440sixpack

Window Felts

Post by 440sixpack »

It seems like this was covered before but I can't find it.

Has anyone found reproduction window felts that work ? I just installed my new ones from BJ's and like most Chinese crap there is always some reason it's no good.

They fit pretty good, look pretty good. I was feeling pretty good. until I went to roll up the windows. they just bulky enough they hit the window channel that is on the bottom of the glass and prevent the window from rolling up the last 1/2" . I guess they should have come with duct tape.

Any alternatives ?

Phils67

Re: Window Felts

Post by Phils67 »

I had a similar issue due to the rubber window wipe, mine was caused by the lifter that the glass is attached to would catch the top part of the door on the inside (like where you put your arm when the glass is down). My doors had the famous small crack on the inside just below the vent window channel. i had to tweak and massage it a while to get it right. Now they work well. A little tight but it doesnt pop the wipes out now when i go for the last 1/2". Hope that helps
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.

ShagWagon

Post by ShagWagon »

I got mine at TGW because bjs was incompetent on filling my order and I'm glad I did.

Installed them last year and they worked out no problems at all.
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Topic author
440sixpack

Post by 440sixpack »

The picture of the ones on TGW is different than what I have. I'll start by ordering those.

I know the cracks you're talking about I welded all mine up before I repainted it but I'm sure my opening is clear . when you say you messed with it do you mean you bent the opening to the outside to widen the slot for the glass holder ?

Phils67

Post by Phils67 »

On the inner side of the top portion of the door where the window goes in, i rolled it under by hand so it would be wide enough for the glass lifter to come up all the way without the felt seal popping back off. All i had to do was simply bend it inward about 1/8" by hand with the glass and felt removed
1967 Gladiator J2000, 1998 4.0L OBD2, T18, D20 twin sticks, D44HD/D60, Detroit lockers, 3.73s, 4wheel disc brake, FSSR, Dakota digital, etc.