Rear Door Hinge Pins?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
RamJetFSJ

Rear Door Hinge Pins?

Post by RamJetFSJ »

Anybody found anything that can be used to tighten up the Wagoneer (1980) rear door hinge pins? Ive found replacements for the front hinges, but cant find anything for the rears.

My door sag so much the latch has to lift the back of the door a good 1/4-3/8" just so it lines up the door. Ive thought of just shimming the hinge to compensate, but would rather fix it right the first time.

Thanks!
80 Wag in 73 attire, Ram Jet 350 power

SJTD

Re: Rear Door Hinge Pins?

Post by SJTD »

Should be able to adjust the hinge by loosening the bolts behind the door panel. You sure it's worn pins?
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Topic author
RamJetFSJ

Post by RamJetFSJ »

Yeah, ive done a bunch of adjusting already. The door hinge pin is actually sloppy, making the back of the door sag down, until it is fully latched, moving it back up into place. I can visually see the slop in the hinge pin if you lift on the door when its open.

The rear doors dont have the same adjustments as the front. I would have to shim the bottom hinge to get it to where it should be (either between the body and the hinge (stock shim location), or between the door and the hinge. But thats sort of a bandaid, and doesnt really fix the problem. If the hinge pins/bushings were tight, the door would be where it should be.

merrill77

Post by merrill77 »

I vaguely recall reading (here?) that it is a standard door pin and that you can get them at any auto parts store in the Dorman/Help section. Dunno why I recall that...as I don't need them. I could just be making that up. ??
77 Wagoneer and 97 TJ.

FSJ Guy

Post by FSJ Guy »

I would not be the least bit surprised if a GM doorhinge pin worked perfectly.
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

Topic author
RamJetFSJ

Post by RamJetFSJ »

Thanks guys, Ill take a look. Just dont want to get half way through the project and not be able to put my door back on! Especially since I dont have indoor storage for the Jeep right now.