Wagoneer with a Sunroof

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
candymancan

Wagoneer with a Sunroof

Post by candymancan »

Found an 88 2 days ago untouched in the yard.. Just got there, a lot of history inside the Jeep of the owner i made a thread about it.. But my question is this. The Jeep has a sunroof, this would be the first wagoneer ive seen with a sunroof, and ive found about 7 of them so far. I know it was an option to have one installed, I removed the headliner to check out how it was installed. Lots of big bars and welding lol i guess thats how they got em on these flimsy roofs.

My question is, would this be something I could or should take ? Maybe worth money or something i dunno, i know its kinda dumb to ask but since it doesnt seem so common i thought i would ask.

On another topic. The thing also had a trailer hitch that wasnt rusty, doesnt look factory though as i think the factory ones were like triangle shaped with metal plates in the C channle. This one rests on the frames bolted with 6 bolts. You think its worth taking ? They only charge $22 for hitchs.
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Limited 219k
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0 I6 laredo 430k
1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 155k
1976 Jeep J10.. 85k(repaired)

fulsizjeep

Re: Wagoneer with a Sunroof

Post by fulsizjeep »

Member firecaptain13 has removed one from a donor and installed it in his GW. You might reach out to him.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

FSJ Guy

Post by FSJ Guy »

Any hitch is a good hitch! Even if you never tow. I used mine as a tail dragger when 4 wheeling to help protect the rear bumper.
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

67GMC

Post by 67GMC »

The hitch on my '84 says Jeep on it and it attaches to the c-channel frame rails. Not sure if it was on from the factory but it's definitely Jeep-Branded.
My Stable:
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, 360 V8, Auto, SelecTrac
1987 Jeep Cherokee (XJ), 4.0L I6, Auto, Selectrac
And a few more....