Another New Guy

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Tio Pancho

Another New Guy

Post by Tio Pancho »

What’s up everyone. My name is Frank and I have been lurking for a few months. I live in the LA area. I have been searching for a Chief for a few months. Missed out on one I really wanted but it was not to be.

I am going to look at a 76 Chief this weekend. Been sitting a few years but sounds promising. One thing about it is the rear window was broken. How hard is this window to find? Can this be bought aftermarket?
Thank you in advance.

I like this site a lot. Seems like lots of cool peeps with a lot of knowledge to share. Hope to be back soon with a Chief in tow and a lot more questions.

Frank
1977 Cherokee Chief
360 w/ Turbo 400
Work in Progress :D

Cheap Hobby

Re: Another New Guy

Post by Cheap Hobby »

Tail gate or side glass. Both can be had. Side is a little more difficult
79 Cherokee WT QT Golden Eagle white with gold windows "Pigger" only blows hubs the night before a road trip or the clodest night of year. Has only been towed cause of stupid.

1979bettywhite

Post by 1979bettywhite »

Check the parts sales area. HeavyMetalThunder has both for sale in CA. Might be your lucky day!

will e

Post by will e »

Welcome to the site! Hopefully you will score a Cherokee soon. 76 Chief is iconic.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Welcome Frank. Hope to see your "new" FSJ soon. :-bd :fsj:
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
Tio Pancho

Post by Tio Pancho »

Well it looks like I am a 99% Chief owner. Went to see it with my brother in law, daughter and nieces. I think I was the one least excited or trying to act that way. Ended up making a deal and leaving him an$100 deposit. Going back for it on Sunday.
Can’t figure out how to post photos? Is a minimum post count needed?
1977 Cherokee Chief
360 w/ Turbo 400

Topic author
Tio Pancho

Post by Tio Pancho »

Figured out how to post but files are too large. Will post them after I get home.
1977 Cherokee Chief
360 w/ Turbo 400

Cheapthrills

Post by Cheapthrills »

Congrats, enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Topic author
Tio Pancho

Post by Tio Pancho »

Well it looks like I jinxed myself with my post. After leaving the guy with a deposit yesterday, he texted me this morning that he is not selling the Chief after all. I am getting my deposit back, but what a bummer. Back to the search.
1977 Cherokee Chief
360 w/ Turbo 400

will e

Post by will e »

Tio Pancho wrote:Well it looks like I jinxed myself with my post. After leaving the guy with a deposit yesterday, he texted me this morning that he is not selling the Chief after all. I am getting my deposit back, but what a bummer. Back to the search.

That's not cool. If you had backed out was your deposit refundable? Did you have anything in writing?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

Topic author
Tio Pancho

Post by Tio Pancho »

I did have a deposit receipt. The guy was cool and very sorry. My BIL and I talked projects for a while the day we went. I asked if someone offered more and he said no. I believe him.
I will check back in six months.
Half the fun is the hunt right?
1977 Cherokee Chief
360 w/ Turbo 400