J Truck Bed Floor

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
RBrave

J Truck Bed Floor

Post by RBrave »

Looking to replace the rusted out bed floor in my '65 J300. Has anyone used the ones in the link below, or are there any other good options? I've thought about going the wood route, but I would still have to pick up wear strips and wood and prices are not that far off from getting the right replacement panels.

http://www.noramstore.com/Jeep_J_Series ... 10446u.htm

The price is pretty decent, given the lack of parts trucks in my area. I could potentially have these picked up at the manufacturer to avoid shipping costs (almost the same price as the panels themselves...).

REDONE

Re: J Truck Bed Floor

Post by REDONE »

The price is decent in any area. I think you should get them and let us know. Both my J-10s could use those.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

tgreese

Post by tgreese »

Pretty simple part, if it helps you. Not much to go wrong. Shipping would be a killer (as noted).

If you just need patches, you could cut them from a corrugated panel from the bed of any pickup or Suburban? There is a thread on IFSJA where the owner uses patch panels for a Suburban to repair floors of a Wagoneer. The areas in front of an behind the wheel houses are just flat steel - no need for a fancy patch panel there.
Tim Reese
Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS/PDB, hubcaps.
Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination A/Ts, 7600 GVWR
Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
Dual Everything: '15 Chryco Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk, ECO Green
Blockchain the vote.

Topic author
RBrave

Post by RBrave »

I might as well replace the whole floor, at this point. Some of the steel supports are also in need of replacement, and it's easier to do everything at once. Everything else about the bed is in decent enough shape for what I plan for the truck.

I hadn't thought about using a floor from a larger SUV for the "right" corrugated look. Are suburbans the best source? All years, or is there a specific range?

Cecil14

Post by Cecil14 »

You might be able to grab a used bed with a good floor from somewhere for pretty cheap, then just grab the entire floor from it and shape it to fit your truck. Newer trucks have a pretty huge bed, I think there'd be more than enough material to drop it into the J-truck skeleton in one piece.

I do like the idea of those panels, though, and they're not terribly far from my house...but, like you, the hat channel under my bed is completely shot as well.

aa
1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank