Antenna connector

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Honcho1979

Antenna connector

Post by Honcho1979 »

Hey guys, need some help with a 79 j10 I'm currently working on. I have access to a factory amc am/fm/cb radio and am going to be installing it in the J10. I got the factory CB antenna off a Wagoneer along with the mounting base (normal am/fm antenna has male threads, CB antenna has female threads). Today I was working on swapping out the base for the antenna and rather than the connector separating from the antenna base, the coax pulled loose from the antenna connector. At this point I plan to just replace all the coax.

My question is this. What connector did the factory use to connect the coax to the antenna base? I've done some searching online but have came up with nothing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

SJTD

Re: Antenna connector

Post by SJTD »

I dunno but don't forget to put a loop in the antenna lead inside the fender before it goes through the kick panel so water doesn't run down the wire into the car.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.