hood latch

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
jeepman6

hood latch

Post by jeepman6 »

My '79 j10 hood latch, hood portion is bent. This causes me to remove the grille to open the hood. My question is can I use the hood portion of an 1980 + to make it cable operated?

az chip

Re: hood latch

Post by az chip »

Why not? Run the cable from the drivers side like the Cherokee, through the firewall, up the hood brace to the new style latch. The distance should be the same as the 80+. You need pics of the cable setup?
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

az chip

Post by az chip »

Pics as requestedImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
jeepman6

Post by jeepman6 »

Thanks for the pictures. Looks like cross bar attachment for the cable is a upside down version of mine. Don't think there's enough headroom to reverse mine. Also secondary latch is on the other side. I'll have to make my own tab for cable to pull. Thanks again.