Headlight suggestions

Stock FSJ Tech Area

44bz

Re: Headlight suggestions

Post by 44bz »

candymancan wrote:Oh yea. so its ok to insult me saying i shouldnt post on the internet without more info. but its wrong for me to say i wish the condom didnt break.

tit for tat. You must be a liberal. where its ok to hate others. but not others to hate you am i right ?

A mod or admin can talk to me all they want. It wont change my opinion lol and im not 2 years old either.

wanna call my mommy next ?
You're crazy. I don't care about your halogen lights but I'm glad they work for you. I don't think your choice of words is appropriate or necessary, specifically f*****t. And my political affiliation has nothing to do with it. Respecting others "should" be first and foremost. These threads aren't a competition, it's an opportunity for like-minds to share ideas, information, and experiences yet here you are making it personal as if it's a competition. And why choose something as trivial as headlights as your soapbox. Give me a break...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar

az chip

Post by az chip »

candymancan wrote:Oh yea. so its ok to insult me saying i shouldnt post on the internet without more info. but its wrong for me to say i wish the condom didnt break.

tit for tat. You must be a liberal. where its ok to hate others. but not others to hate you am i right ?

A mod or admin can talk to me all they want. It wont change my opinion lol and im not 2 years old either.

wanna call my mommy next ?

candymancan, I think all he is trying to say is we can get to the points we are trying to make without the extra harmful words. I think your points are ok, it is the extra words that we usually do not use here. And I don't think it was a personal jab. I think this site is thought of as PG and not R rated.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Cecil14

Post by Cecil14 »

candymancan wrote: I wish the condom your dad used didnt break but hey we dont all get the wish we ask for..

Joking asside..

Newer vehicles have proper hids and leds and they are dtill eye peircing.. Ever have one behind you and they go uo and diwn on bumps you csn see that pericing light shine up into your eyes.. Halogens may not be as good but even aimed up high the light doesnt peirce you.. sure its blinding but its a different kind of blinding. Dont get me on the halogen housing led bulb users

Dont deny that any LED car or not has that unnatural pericing light to it.

I never denied that halogens arent as bright or (white) either
Ignoring you poor excuse for an insult,

No. Newer lights are not as bad as you're claiming; again, I've got them, I've tested them, I've asked for feedback. They work. There's a reason they're in use.

If you have problems with them, get an eye exam.

There are a TON of people that do not know how to aim headlights. Even on brand new vehicles, I see lights pointed all over the place.

I don't need to deny what isn't true, I have never been any more or less affected by any one type of light. When they're in my eyes, they all suck. When they're where they should be, they're fine.

Run whatever lights you like, I like modern lighting.

aa
1983 J-10 - 4.6L(MPFI)/CS130D/Hydroboost/NV3550/D300/44/44/3.54/Disc-Disc/32s/42 gallon 'burb tank

Ltpro

Post by Ltpro »

And I was hoping to see some real info on headlight choices , instead I read of condoms breaking and a butthurt liberal - wtf .....

44bz

Post by 44bz »

Ltpro wrote:And I was hoping to see some real info on headlight choices , instead I read of condoms breaking and a butthurt liberal - wtf .....
Headlights are headlights, how complicated can it be...

1968 J2000 - AMC 327/T18/D20 (twin stick), stock D44s, 3" body lift, 35x12.50 Goodyear MTRs w/ Kevlar

Ltpro

Post by Ltpro »

44bz wrote:
Ltpro wrote:And I was hoping to see some real info on headlight choices , instead I read of condoms breaking and a butthurt liberal - wtf .....
Headlights are headlights, how complicated can it be...

Really now ? actually , being in the aftermarket performance world as a business owner for over 15 years I know for a fact that headlights are NOT headlights . We have tons of companies out there that make headlights and keeping track of who has done what can sometimes be a pain so asking on a forum like this should be a good way to get a cross check of what the market is using . Tires are not tires , rims are not rims , steel is not steel , a honda is not a Ferrari etc etc . Unlike many I don't think I know it all ,so I'm not too proud to ask .

BaldBeardedBastard

Post by BaldBeardedBastard »

Bringing back to the requested topic- here is a thread for the same headlights I used with light output numbers. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1082758. It is not a insignificant output jump with LEDs.

And regarding cut-off: the Truck-lites have a really crisp break with the low-beams, so any blinding from on-coming traffic is either mis-alignment or not LEDs.

'86 GW Cummins 2.8/4l60E. Hopefully bouncing down a dusty road somewhere.
Build Thread

44bz

Post by 44bz »

You didn't ask anything...you're second post on this forum and contribution to this thread was nothing more than a useless post. Now knowing you have 15 years in the aftermarket business, seems like you'd have something helpful to contribute rather than making useless comments.

That being said, my jtruck has stock style halogens and they provide adequate lighting at night. LEDs and HIDs are great but I really don't understand the bickering. Some of us are driving 50 year old rigs and if it was good enough then it's good enough now, that's kind of the charm of driving a classic isn't it?

Ltpro

Post by Ltpro »

44bz wrote:You didn't ask anything...you're second post on this forum and contribution to this thread was nothing more than a useless post. Now knowing you have 15 years in the aftermarket business, seems like you'd have something helpful to contribute rather than making useless comments.

That being said, my jtruck has stock style halogens and they provide adequate lighting at night. LEDs and HIDs are great but I really don't understand the bickering. Some of us are driving 50 year old rigs and if it was good enough then it's good enough now, that's kind of the charm of driving a classic isn't it?

You're clearly a person with some sort of inferiority issue and you sure have a lot of anger . I now see why that other guy said you're most likely a liberal , I guess he must be right . Just relax man , no one is trying to take anything from you or make you do something against your will - just relax .
Last edited by Ltpro on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

44bz

Post by 44bz »

Ltpro wrote:
44bz wrote:You didn't ask anything...you're second post on this forum and contribution to this thread was nothing more than a useless post. Now knowing you have 15 years in the aftermarket business, seems like you'd have something helpful to contribute rather than making useless comments.

You're clearly a person with some sort of inferiority issue and you sure have a lot of anger . I now see why that other guy you're most likely a liberal , I guess he must be right . Just relax man , no one is trying to take anything from you or make you do something against your will - just relax .
That's me :)

Ltpro

Post by Ltpro »

Great , now you're smiling - thats good .

merrill77

Post by merrill77 »

Hey, all! I'd read this thread a while back as I was in need of headlight improvements on my '87. I wanted to maintain the stock look, but wanted to use LEDs to avoid any wiring capacity problems and didn't have time to re-wire before a scout trip that I needed the wagon for. I found that an H4 conversion would give me more options so I installed Hella H4 lamps ($96 on Amazon) and Hikari Cree H4 hi/lo beam LEDs ($70). I won't try to tell anyone if they are or are not bright enough, since everyone has different standards. I will say that I also drive a 2009 Mazda Rx8 with HIDs that turn night into day. These are not as bright, but close enough for me. I'm happy with the result.

They maintain the stock look perfectly, IMO:

Here's a rough approximation of how they perform...apologies for the blurr...the camera was mounted on the dash at the time. I don't have a comparison photo...and the previous state of my headlights was so bad it wouldn't be a fair comparison anyway. Hope this helps someone.

77 Wagoneer and 97 TJ.

Nikkormat

Post by Nikkormat »

44bz wrote:You're crazy. I don't care about your halogen lights but I'm glad they work for you. I don't think your choice of words is appropriate or necessary, specifically f*****t. And my political affiliation has nothing to do with it. Respecting others "should" be first and foremost. These threads aren't a competition, it's an opportunity for like-minds to share ideas, information, and experiences yet here you are making it personal as if it's a competition. And why choose something as trivial as headlights as your soapbox. Give me a break...
Well said dude.
Gabe, "reformed" Jeep hoarder.

FSJ Guy

Post by FSJ Guy »

candymancan wrote:Im sure you all have driven head on with a guy with a new Vehicle that uses LEDS and wonder man that faggot has his brights on when it fact they are LEDS :banghead:
You should display your homophobia on other internet forums. This is for Full Size Jeeps.
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

Topic author
csuengr

Post by csuengr »

Okay. I finally ordered some lights. i am going to try the Hella H4 conversion lights. Hopefully they will work. Now thinking about fog lights.
1977 Cherokee S, Ford 5.0, 5 speed, BW 1356, 33 x 10.50 BFG's. No longer my DD.
2007 Mercury Milan, 2.3L, 5-speed, now my DD. 29 mpg average.

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

The first thing I do with any headlight system on a new to me vehicle is upgrade the wiring with relays (Thanks and RIP Serehill).

I also did it on my Dodge I had.

Why put fancy, spendy lights in, when for about $40 in parts, you can make the factory setup much brighter?

In both cases I ran a stock style sealed beam. No silverstars, no H4s, etc. The lights on both my truck and the Jeep are very impressive. They are brighter than most newer cars with composites. And definitely brighter when those composites have a few years of age to them.

No light is going to show its full potential without proper amperage going to it.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

will e

Post by will e »

I am assuming that LED headlights draw significantly less power, is this correct?
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

REDONE

Post by REDONE »

will e wrote:I am assuming that LED headlights draw significantly less power, is this correct?
They should. LEDs emit light in a specific range of wavelength, so the don't waste energy generating all the non visible wavelengths like incandescent lamps do.
79 J-10 (Honcho Mucho) KE0LSU
304/Performance Fuel Injection TBI/MTA1/SP2P/Magnum rockers
T18/D20/D44s&4.10s/33" Mud Claws
Grizzly Locker Rear
4" front spring drop, 5" rear shackle flip
Chevy style HEI (ECM controlled)
Dolphin "Shark" gauges in a fancy homemade oak bezel
3/4 resto, rotting faster than I've been fixing it.

Topic author
csuengr

Post by csuengr »

dodgerammit wrote:The first thing I do with any headlight system on a new to me vehicle is upgrade the wiring with relays (Thanks and RIP Serehill).

Why put fancy, spendy lights in, when for about $40 in parts, you can make the factory setup much brighter?

In both cases I ran a stock style sealed beam. No silverstars, no H4s, etc. The lights on both my truck and the Jeep are very impressive. They are brighter than most newer cars with composites. And definitely brighter when those composites have a few years of age to them.

No light is going to show its full potential without proper amperage going to it.

Last time I measured, I was losing .4V between the alternator and the headlight plug, while the lights were on, so I am good on power.
1977 Cherokee S, Ford 5.0, 5 speed, BW 1356, 33 x 10.50 BFG's. No longer my DD.
2007 Mercury Milan, 2.3L, 5-speed, now my DD. 29 mpg average.

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

csuengr wrote:
dodgerammit wrote:The first thing I do with any headlight system on a new to me vehicle is upgrade the wiring with relays (Thanks and RIP Serehill).

Last time I measured, I was losing .4V between the alternator and the headlight plug, while the lights were on, so I am good on power.
Voltage and amperes are different. ;) I once had a fuel pump not run on my truck. 12v was there, but the original wiring had corroded bad enough, there wasn't enough amperage to run the pump.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD