91 GW power seats not working?

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

91 GW power seats not working?

Post by tedlovesjeeps71 »

Quick question guys.... are the power seats on a fuse or relay? Both of mine seem to have magically stoped working. They did but no nothing.

FSJ Guy

Re: 91 GW power seats not working?

Post by FSJ Guy »

It's a thermal fuse, IIRC. It will reset itself when it cools down.

Pull the plug and check for voltage at the plug and go from there... Could be as simple as a loose plug under the seat.
Ethan Brady

http://www.bigscaryjeep.com

Jeepless, but I still have a lots of old parts in my garage!

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

FSJ Guy wrote:It's a thermal fuse, IIRC. It will reset itself when it cools down.

Pull the plug and check for voltage at the plug and go from there... Could be as simple as a loose plug under the seat.
Thanks. I'll mess with it in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

88wagdrvr

Post by 88wagdrvr »

Fusible link under the hood coming off starter relay. Can buy replacements at auto parts store for a couple of bucks. Something caused them to short. You need to figure that out first.

fulsizjeep

Post by fulsizjeep »

Had to replace a fuse link this Spring on my 88. The running lights had stopped working too. I only had headlights and turn signals.
Flint Boardman
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s
https://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac

Topic author
tedlovesjeeps71

88wagdrvr wrote:Fusible link under the hood coming off starter relay. Can buy replacements at auto parts store for a couple of bucks. Something caused them to short. You need to figure that out first.
Hmm... That's interesting and thank you for this. I've burned that section of wiring twice now and it seemed that the last replacement worked as I haven't had any more smoking wth moments since. Maybe I need to look at it again and see if I missed something or if it's happened again but not as bad as before. Unfortunately it's been raining cats and dogs and I'm not feeling the joy of getting soaked while working on electrical. Image
I appreciate the point in the right direction and will let y'all know what I find when I get time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk