Repro glove box

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
swampedge

Re: Repro glove box

Post by swampedge »

OK so that means the opening shrinkage after molding effects everyone and not just me. I am going to use my heat gun to bell mouth the opening to fit correctly. Thanks for the photos its good to see that this is not a one time problem. Jim
You really are judged by the dogs you have!

MadMax78

Post by MadMax78 »

Ted this is what I was going to do. Just have to get the time to get it done. To many honey dos. :banghead: Gotta keep momma happy.
MadMax78

78 Cherokee S, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, TAD's SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake, MSD Coil & Ignition

michael.bohn

Post by michael.bohn »

ferrum wrote:I hope you can see how it is mounted by looking at the photo... My door was completely off when I installed the glovebox. It was tight squeeze to get it in but I was able to get it in. Once you get it in, you will see that you do have to cut out some corners and such to make it fit.

Overview of the installed glovebox.

Lower left corner. I had to cut more plastic out of existing cutout due to hinge hitting it.

Lower right corner.

Upper right corner. I used angle drill to make pilot hole before screwing it in.

Upper left corner. Ash tray is above this corner.

Good luck with your install.
Hey Ferrum, I installed a plastic glovebox that appears to be the same as you have pictured. My supposition is that the bottom edge is intended to be installed on top of the metal lip rather than below. Small items will then not roll forward and go under the lip. It also fits well without trimming. The sides are still outside as you have pictured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferrum

Post by ferrum »

I sure would like to see the installed glove box pictures.
'76 Cherokee Chief