Fix for knobs that pull off...

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
michael.bohn

Fix for knobs that pull off...

Post by michael.bohn »

Has anyone found a long lasting fix for knobs pulling off: headlight, fresh air vents, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShagWagon

Re: Fix for knobs that pull off...

Post by ShagWagon »

Epoxy if you never want it to come off.

Maybe a small,piece of 3-m tape if you want it to be able to come off someday. Use a heatgun or blow dryer and it becomes workable.
87 Grand Wagoneer Rebuilt 360 by S&J, Fitech GO EFI 600, Novak in-tank fuel pump, Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift, BFG AT KO2 30", Dynamax Muffler, MSD distributor, MSD ignition, Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake, Elgin perf cam, Oil tube mod, Roller rockers, chrome molly lifters, HD alum radiator, Powermaster 150/100 alt, Alum HD water pump, Serhills tailgate harness, Cowl screen mod, Evil Twin grab handles, Rstep's custom AMC door lock knobs, all electrical works.

Tatsadasayago

Post by Tatsadasayago »

I used a very, VERY small drop of Gorilla Glue on two of mine that were loose. A small spritz of water activates it and once it cures it's solid. I tested it the first time on a spare wiper switch to see if I could remove the knob after the glue cured. It took some effort but I was able to crack it loose without damaging anything. The amount of glue I put on the tip of the shaft was about 1/2 the size of a .177 caliber BB and it was almost too much.
1977 Cherokee Chief - The Blair Jeep Project III
A collection of parts flying in close formation

Topic author
michael.bohn

Post by michael.bohn »

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk