Turn signal switch

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
Coreyw454

Turn signal switch

Post by Coreyw454 »

Hey guys. Got an 85 grand wagoneer a week ago. It's going to be a project but it seems to run and drive pretty well. It came from NV and I am in CA so to get it registered I will have to get a light check. The driver side front blinker did not have a bulb in it. I put it in and it immediately started blinking without the turn signal on. The passenger side would not blink if the turn signal was on. The hazard switch would not click into place but if I held it in place they would work. So after some searching thru the forums I figured the turn signal switch was bad. I got a new one and got it in today but before I put the steering wheel back on I connected the electricAL and the turn signals are not working. No clicking sound and no lights. Also the replacement turn signal switch I got did not have one white wire that the old one had. This wire goes up towards the gear selector display. Is this for a light? Is it a ground? Any suggestions on why the turn signals aren't working at all now?

az chip

Re: Turn signal switch

Post by az chip »

Whatever you touched. You need to check with the wiring diagram all of the wires where the turn signal goes. My bulbs were all rusted in place in the metal holders. Cleaned those and all I had was a bad flasher. Really should troubleshoot down to the actual problem you have before throwing parts at it. Go to oljeep.com for the wiring diagram.
'81 Cherokee Chief 81 WT Chief/MSD 6/Holley Sniper/ Rusty 4" Spring lift/ Bulltear oil adapter/K&P Engineering Oil Filter/ NP 208/ Serehill Light Harness/KC LED Headlights/ Evil Twin Fab Roof Rack and sliders/ Ross mirror mounts.

Topic author
Coreyw454

Re: Turn signal switch

Post by Coreyw454 »

I am an idiot. forgot i had pulled the flasher. everything is working now.