Gauge fascia

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
musicmaster

Gauge fascia

Post by musicmaster »

Has anybody attempted to remove the old fascia from their guage bezels?

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Topic author
musicmaster

Re: Gauge fascia

Post by musicmaster »

I guess a better question is does anybody know of any good dash repair services?

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

What year are you working on? Doing Dakota digital? On late 70s to 85, the gauges are fastened to the back of the fascia (plastic woodgrain or black surround) with small screws. You can remove the gauge assembly and hvac controls to have just the plastic surround left.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

92 Wrangler Islander 4.0/32RH/231 D30/D35 RHD

Topic author
musicmaster

Post by musicmaster »

dodgerammit wrote:What year are you working on? Doing Dakota digital? On late 70s to 85, the gauges are fastened to the back of the fascia (plastic woodgrain or black surround) with small screws. You can remove the gauge assembly and hvac controls to have just the plastic surround left.
Its a 76. I need to remove the machine turned fascia off the bezel so i can install the new one. It just hit me that Just Dashes does bezel repair including plastic rechroming. Ill just send the whole cluster to them

I've got the surround and everything off, ive installed new gauges, i just need to get the applique off. Usually they're held on by some sort of adhesive but ive never attempted to remove it. I'm going to buy a nee one from BJ's

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

musicmaster wrote:
dodgerammit wrote:What year are you working on? Doing Dakota digital? On late 70s to 85, the gauges are fastened to the back of the fascia (plastic woodgrain or black surround) with small screws. You can remove the gauge assembly and hvac controls to have just the plastic surround left.
Its a 76. I need to remove the machine turned fascia off the bezel so i can install the new one. It just hit me that Just Dashes does bezel repair including plastic rechroming. Ill just send the whole cluster to them

I've got the surround and everything off, ive installed new gauges, i just need to get the applique off. Usually they're held on by some sort of adhesive but ive never attempted to remove it. I'm going to buy a nee one from BJ's

Ah! Gotcha! Basically, the applique that is stuck on the actual surround. I'd recommend a heat gun and some patience to soften the glue bonding the applique to the surround, if doing it myself.
84 Grand Waggy-Radio Flyer (Garnet Red/3M Ebony Metallic woodgrain, with honey interior) AMC 360 :cry: 2004 4.8LS/Advance Adapter/727/242 D44/AMC20 Serehill tailgate and headlight harnesses :fsj: Ongoing thread-viewtopic.php?t=11897

Topic author
musicmaster

Post by musicmaster »

Thats a good idea. I wish i had a shop to work in, i think im gonna have just dashes do it

dodgerammit

Post by dodgerammit »

I do my stuff in the living room. Wife has pretty much accepted this as the norm. Took some time to get there, though.

Topic author
musicmaster

Post by musicmaster »

dodgerammit wrote:I do my stuff in the living room. Wife has pretty much accepted this as the norm. Took some time to get there, though.
Haha same here!