Powering a window motor

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
SkylinePCG

Powering a window motor

Post by SkylinePCG »

Hi guys

I recently acquired a pair of GW doors to replace the ones on my Cherokee. Originally was going to switch the guts over and keep the manual cranks, but my wife said "keep the electric. Come on into 1980s with the rest of the world." Ok ok challenge accepted.

Problem is the interior switches were a little bit butchered-wiring seems intact- and I've yet to source new ones. What I'm trying to do right now is get the glass into the "up" position so I don't have critters/weather moving in.

How can I energize the motor-assuming it's not frozen- to make this happen.

memo43

Re: Powering a window motor

Post by memo43 »

you should be able to wire the motor directly with a 12v volt source, similar concept to the rear tailgate window.
US Marine
79 Jeep Cherokee
360/TH400/Full time TC
Dolphin gauges
GM style HEI
Power windows
Serehill tailgate and headlight harness

"My jeep has no manners it
marks every parking spot"

Topic author
SkylinePCG

Post by SkylinePCG »

Ya know what, I was looking at the big bunch of wires coming off the switches, but you're right. There's just the two that go back to the motor and that's all I need.

SJTD

Post by SJTD »

Maybe come into the 90's and use relays. Probably easier since you're starting from scratch.
Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.