Air Pump Connection

Stock FSJ Tech Area

Topic author
GrandW

Air Pump Connection

Post by GrandW »

Hi All - long time lurker, and love the information on here.

Have a 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer, and recently discovered that the previous owner had repaired the air pump / smog pump connection by using JB Weld to stick a rubber hose in the back of the pump, which led to a larger hose, to a 3rd larger hose. I can find diagrams etc, but does anybody know or have a picture of what the connection should look like? I just can't figure out how it's supposed to connect. The back of the pump is just smooth with the hole in it.

This thread shows the diagram:
http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10195

Appreciate the input, thanks!
1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

will e

Re: Air Pump Connection

Post by will e »

I did the same fix! HA! But I used a copper tube from the local hardware store. I think the original one is just pressed in.
81 Waggy 'WILL E' Retired
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/high steer/Alcan springs/agr box/Borgeson steering shaft/AMC 401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS (2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave, Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37X12.5/Corbeau XRS Baja & 5 point retractable harness/Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 sliders/Evil Twin bumpers, rack and roll cage/WARN 8000/TT Fabworks steering brace/dual batts/custom TC skid plate/ARB fridge

kansasboy001

Post by kansasboy001 »

It is just pressed in. If you get a new air pump it comes with the tube which you have to hammer in
1983 Cherokee Laredo. 360/ 727/ np228/ Junkyard 7427 TBI/ Msd ignition

Topic author
GrandW

Post by GrandW »

will e wrote:I did the same fix! HA! But I used a copper tube from the local hardware store. I think the original one is just pressed in.

Haha here I was thinking there was a special part! Thanks for the reply.
1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Topic author
GrandW

Post by GrandW »

kansasboy001 wrote:It is just pressed in. If you get a new air pump it comes with the tube which you have to hammer in

Well, the plus side is that makes for an inexpensive connection! Thanks!
1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer